People

Goop Store Goes Up in Flames

goop-store-goes-up-in-flames

Gwyneth Paltrow’s Goop brand is under fire again. This time, two men were attending an event at a Goop store in the Hamptons when they caught on fire after rubbing alcohol caused an explosion that occurred on the property.

“It was reported to us at 6:04 p.m. as two subjects previously on fire. Apparently, it was during an event and someone added alcohol to a Sterno can causing it to flash and setting the two men on fire. The two men were extinguished with a fire extinguisher,” Sag Harbor Village Chief of Police Austin J. McGuire said.

At first, it was reported that the rubbing alcohol “had been added to candles, causing a large explosion and flames.”

One of the men was taken to Stoney Brook University hospital with burns on the back and face and is in serious condition after the incident. The other man suffered facial burns and was transported to hospital for treatment.

Paltrow’s brand has come under fire before for its candle’s explosive nature. A Texas man sued Goop in 2021 after the candle “This Smells Like My Vagina” exploded on his bedside table. Colby Watson filed a class-action complaint and sought damages of $5 million.

Source: https://www.newsweek.com/men-catch-fire-hospitalized-goop-store-hamptons-gwyneth-paltrow-1722224

Related Content