Man Burns Bum After Painful Mistake


Your backside is a very sensitive area so when toilet cleaner wipes are mistaken for wet wipes a painful situation is bound to arise.

Leon Gleed was left stinging for several days when he started cleaning his behind with antibacterial toilet cleaner wipes. It all started when his girlfriend, Sadie Williams, had picked up the ‘Active Flushable Toilet Wipes’ from a Tesco Express store. She placed them in the bathroom beside the toilet.

Gleed, assuming they were wet wipes, developed a nasty rash just days after he started using them. Although expecting sympathy from his girlfriend about the mistake, she burst out laughing over the incident and called him “stupid.”

“I thought the product was wet wipes you use to go to the toilet with but as it turned out, that wasn’t the case. When I developed the soreness I knew something wasn’t quite right and when I checked the packaging it said ‘kills 99 percent of bacteria'”, the 29-year-old said.

Thankfully, Gleed’s rear end has recovered from the incident but it was bleak for a while given his job. As a truck driver, it was hard for him to get in and out of the vehicle because of the constant chafing and burning sensation on his behind.

A spokesperson for Tesco commented on the incident and said that the supermarket does everything it can to clearly label products.

They said: “We were sorry to hear about this. We make the labelling on our packaging as clear as possible for customers. Our toilet roll and related products are also in a separate aisle in the Risca Extra from these cleaning wipes.”


Related Content